Skip to content

General

124 results found

1. Integrate ICM Lists with Plex Collections

Plex is media streaming app that is available across most all platforms. It's also a massive community of media junkies, most of whom seem to have never heard of ICM.

The problem with Plex is it's pretty bad at "slicing and dicing" large movie collections into something that is easy to consume. Want to scroll through a list of Best Picture winners to find one to watch tonight? There is no automated way to create a list like that... that's where ICM comes in.

The value to ICM would be to drive subscriptions. The value to Plex would be to…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Add a runtime filter

Add a range slider to the filters where you can specify a range of times for results e.g. Shorter than 45 minutes, longer than 15 minutes but shorter than 180 minutes, longer than 90 minutes, etc.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add Rotten Tomatoes score to single movie pages.

Would be nice to directly see the IMDB rating and the Rotten Tomatoes score from both critics and audience.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. have a link to share my favourites

i don't wish to share my complete profile with everyone, but i would like to share just my favourites list with even non-icheckmovies users. is there a link for that?

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Find neighbors

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but my neighbors category only shows friends and profiles I've clicked on before. It'd be great if it showed neighbor profiles across the entirety of iCheckMovies as well so that you can find people who have common movie tastes. Also, the find friends feature is broken, so right now the whole neighbor side of iCheckMovies is completely useless.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. Add some simple stats

Total hours watched and favorites by year immediately come to mind.

79 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow users to flag comments as spam.

Comments like these:
    http://www.icheckmovies.com/profiles/comments/?user=expletivedleted
    or any other kind of spam could be flagged by other users, and if a comment is flagged say 5 or so times it would be collapsed. The comment could still be expanded and read, but it would be marked as spam and it would no longer clutter up the pages with obnoxious self-promotion.

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Change the list watchlist feature to a follow list model.

Allow users to follow lists and get updates on changes of that list via private messages (same as the IMDb toplist updates) or in the activity stream.

The watchlist for lists will be replaced with 'Lists you follow' and you'll receive updates via private messages or in your activity stream when a list has been updated if you choose to in your settings.

For the people that don't like this idea: You'll still be able to use the 'Lists you follow' page as a watchlist. The name is just different and you'll receive an update if one of the lists…

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. More official lists!

I find I often don't watch films because they are not on official watch lists, important films that are on many great lists that have not been made official yet. I hate letting this control my viewing and have been trying to fight it, watching films that are not official and then find that I'm falling down the chart. I just think that a real lover of cinema should not be limited to so few films. So, MORE official lists!!! It is the lists that brought us to this site, not social features, even though they are nice also. :)

349 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 371 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin →
  11. Create a filmography system

Much like movie lists, start adopting filmographies (grouping these seperately from lists) and handing out a different type of award for them. A vane in different colours for example.

268 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Statistic of movies I've watched

I'd love to see statistics or some kind of chart about movies I've watched. Like top 10 actors, directors, or genres I've watched the most, based on my check.

147 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create more lists that analyse icheckmovies' data.

"Most disliked", "Most polarizing" (ie highest count of likes+dislikes), "Most listed" (in the most toplists), etc.

169 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create an iPhone application

Create an iPhone application that allows one to easily search for and check movies using an iPhone.

178 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  12 comments  ·  Admin →
  15. Customize with FULL integration of PERSONAL lists added to WATCHLIST -- Huge Bang For Buck!

Adding a list to the watchlist is essentially adopting a personal list. When I add a list to my watchlist it should be treated just like an official list. For instance...

1. A movie's INFO tab shows all the official lists which include that film. This should be expanded to show if the movie is in any lists added to my watchlists.

2. The Progress page should have an additional tab, "Watchlists", which shows my progress on any lists in my watchlist.

3. Official lists give trophies but completing an "unofficial list" would award an "emblem" which would essentially be the avatar of…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Intergrate TV-series

Make it easy to check episodes, with a great overwiev of series and seasons. Make it easier to track our progress on tv shows. But don't count the checks along with the movies.

93 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improve comment system

Some things that bug me about the current comment system:

• I don't know when someone replies to my comment
    • It's impossible to read them chronologically (not only is it ordered the wrong way, I have to read down to up, then scroll down, go to the next page, rinse, repeat).
    • Quoting someone might be nice
    • (maybe a bit too far out) liking comments and or mentioning people would improve discussion, but then again I just like the whole social/interaction/discussion part of the site. Might be a bit too much of a sidetrack of the site's goals.
    73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When you watch a movie on your watchlist, it should be automatically removed once you check it

As of now, "Remove from Watchlist" has to be clicked separately, in addition to checking it

68 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Separate useless personal lists from quality ones

There are ~2500 personal lists on ICM now which are interesting only to their creators, e.g. "Watched in 2011", "Watchlist", "My favourite films" and so on. People created them because they don't know how to use specialized ICM features for such tasks (Owned movies. Watchlist)

Several measures that can reduce their number or hide them completely:
    1. Appoint moderators from power users who would regulate tags of personal lists and put useless ones in distinct hideable group.
    2. Add privacy option to lists to access only by link.
    3. Directly discourage creating of such lists on the "Add a list"…

78 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 89 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)