Skip to content

General

124 results found

1. the ability to share the movie you have just checked to your friends in facebook

create a button who allows you to share the movie you watched with your friends in the social networks, such as facebook

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. Collaborative Lists

Allow multiply users to edit a list. In addition to the current one-editor-per-list system, list creators could choose to make editing open to anyone, or have restricted editing privileges, where the creator has to approve new editors (similar to how groups work on the site).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. Filter unchecked movies in favorited movies of another user

Filter one's unchecked movies in favorited movies of another user. This will allow us to check the movies which most likely one likes from the nighbor's movie. This way one need not wait only for recommendations.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. Add tabs to organize the favorited personalised lists

Similar tabs to the official ones could be introduced. Certainly I would like it very much if it would be possible to organize my favorited lists in categories like director filmography/awards/country list/general all time best lists/...

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Show similar movies based on most overlapping checked/favorited

On an individual movie page, I think there should be an automatically generated listing of "similar" movies based on the most frequently overlapping movies; i.e. the movies that have been most frequently checked and/or favorited along with the movie on the page by a single user.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. create charts to show progress over time

if the data is kept, it would be nice to show how you've moved up in rankings (or progressed in a list) over time in a line chart

118 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Dedicate more time to supply the movie artwork for individual titles.

After users add new movies from imdb, unfortunately the film artwork does not come along with it. While it's understandable that with so many movies it's difficult to make sure that "Winter Beast" gets its just due there are also new films that don't have cover art (like Bad Teacher). But in both cases it's just a bummer sometimes to look at your list of recently checked movies and see a few with no real 'identity' in the list, even though on imdb the art is readily available.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a 'Choose a random movie' button

This button returns a random unchecked movie which is listed on one of the official toplist.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Incorporate "challenges" into ICM

By challenges I mean month-long film-watching contests each dedicated to different cinema niches. Challenge have a set of related lists, and only films from them counts. Usually such contests generate a lot of feedback to related films and lists and motivate participants to explore obscure areas of world cinema. An accent on challenges will be a huge bonus to ICM's reputation as a place for open-minded film viewers.

I took the concept from ICM Board, where this activity is very popular, but some other movie forums also hold challenges. Another model is Karagarga's 'Master of the Month' series.

Implementation: a…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create a website-layout that is easier to use on mobile devices.

OS specific apps are nice, but designing the website-layout in such a way that it displays better on mobile devices (tablets and phones) is perhaps a faster solution.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Update names for recent foreign films that now have an English title.

There is a sizable issue that I've noticed with newer foreign films that initially had their Romanized names imported in, but have since gotten a proper English name.

Example: http://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/sseo-ni/ vs. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1937339/

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make it possible to create movie checking goals

The idea is basically to have a simple goal of how many movies you aim to check (similar to the reading goal on Goodreads). This could be on a yearly or monthly basis.

I think the idea should be as simple as possible, but you could make it more customizable, too. I'd say you should only include feature films, but you could allow yourself other types. Or you could make it "in <x official lists" or something similar.

In any case, it works well for books and would presumably be a relatively small feature to introduce.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow for 4 or 5 star ranking system.

Instead of "like" "Dislike" or leaving it blank, I wouldn't mind a system that allows me to rate a movie after I watched it. It would also be interesting to see what movie has the highest "star" and lowest "star" rating.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow more than one alternative title for films

Many foreign films are known by more than one name in English. Example Bergman's 'Gycklarnas afton' has the aka 'The Naked Night' but it is widely known as 'Sawdust and Tinsel'.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make recommendations based on lists not neighbours

Instead of using neighbours to generate favourites, figure out which lists I like and make recommendations based on those.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Import ratings from IMDb.

It would be great to be able to import your own personal rating for a film from IMDb. Moreover, if we could see what our friends gave certain films, that would be even better.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Multiple Favorite Lists

Allow users to make multiple private favorite lists when using the "favorite" option. A small drop down menu could give users the options to add movies to a specific list of their own.

Eg.: "Mark movie as favorite in list...
    Favorite Films
    Favorite Animation
    Favorite 1930s"
    etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make it possible, when comparing profiles, to look at another user's progress on unofficial lists, not just official ones.

Not each of the thousands of unofficial lists, but have a button on the user's profile page "view his/her progress on your favorite/watchlist lists".

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create a tag for short films

Having a separate "medatype:short" tag, instead of grouping all shorts with feature films under "mediatype:movie", would often make searching/filtering easier.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base