Skip to content

General

124 results found

1. More personal stats + improving neighbours

These features may be very server intensive, but anyways, here are some examples:

• # of Checks per week/month
    • # of Checks per decade or year (in a graph or in some other way)
    • A top 3 of the lists the user has been most actively checking movies from over the past months.

I don't know much about how the neighbours system works, but maybe more weight should be given to a movie which two members have favorited, but very few other people have favorited. This way members who both like a certain type of obscure movie type can more easily…

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Create a website-layout that is easier to use on mobile devices.

OS specific apps are nice, but designing the website-layout in such a way that it displays better on mobile devices (tablets and phones) is perhaps a faster solution.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Change the list watchlist feature to a follow list model.

Allow users to follow lists and get updates on changes of that list via private messages (same as the IMDb toplist updates) or in the activity stream.

The watchlist for lists will be replaced with 'Lists you follow' and you'll receive updates via private messages or in your activity stream when a list has been updated if you choose to in your settings.

For the people that don't like this idea: You'll still be able to use the 'Lists you follow' page as a watchlist. The name is just different and you'll receive an update if one of the lists…

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Improve the search algorithm

The search needs to be smarter and prioritized. Example: If you search "Secret of My Success", the Michael J. Fox movie is not returned because one of the S's is a dollar sign. With only one character off, the algorithm should return the movie as a result.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. More detailed stats on dashboard

Would be nice if the stats were more detailed.

e.g:

Checks: 1500
    Official: 500
    Movies: 1200
    Tv episodes: 300
    Rank title: Actor

I know that checks in eps from tv series does not affect the official rank,
    but affects the total number of checks, masking the true number, this is the reason why I dont check eps,
    but I want to. So, it would be great if the stats were more detailed.

that way I'll always know the answer to: "how many movies have you seen?"

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make recommendations based on lists not neighbours

Instead of using neighbours to generate favourites, figure out which lists I like and make recommendations based on those.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Find neighbors

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but my neighbors category only shows friends and profiles I've clicked on before. It'd be great if it showed neighbor profiles across the entirety of iCheckMovies as well so that you can find people who have common movie tastes. Also, the find friends feature is broken, so right now the whole neighbor side of iCheckMovies is completely useless.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. Include ALL lists with Top Lists Update, not just IMDB Lists.

Top Lists Update currently lets users know about updates to IMDB lists, but it should inform of updates to other official lists as well. Even if it doesn't list every New Entry and Disappearing Title, it should at least let us know those lists have changed.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow for 4 or 5 star ranking system.

Instead of "like" "Dislike" or leaving it blank, I wouldn't mind a system that allows me to rate a movie after I watched it. It would also be interesting to see what movie has the highest "star" and lowest "star" rating.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fix the quick search 'suggestions'

It does not work well.
    Try searching for "Ong-bak" and you will get zero quick suggestions. Try searching for "ong bak" and you'll get "Ong-bak (2003)" as suggestion #1 and "Bus Stop (1956)" as suggestion #2.
    Needs fixing!

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. Make it possible to create movie checking goals

The idea is basically to have a simple goal of how many movies you aim to check (similar to the reading goal on Goodreads). This could be on a yearly or monthly basis.

I think the idea should be as simple as possible, but you could make it more customizable, too. I'd say you should only include feature films, but you could allow yourself other types. Or you could make it "in <x official lists" or something similar.

In any case, it works well for books and would presumably be a relatively small feature to introduce.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. Integrate ICM Lists with Plex Collections

Plex is media streaming app that is available across most all platforms. It's also a massive community of media junkies, most of whom seem to have never heard of ICM.

The problem with Plex is it's pretty bad at "slicing and dicing" large movie collections into something that is easy to consume. Want to scroll through a list of Best Picture winners to find one to watch tonight? There is no automated way to create a list like that... that's where ICM comes in.

The value to ICM would be to drive subscriptions. The value to Plex would be to…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow more than one alternative title for films

Many foreign films are known by more than one name in English. Example Bergman's 'Gycklarnas afton' has the aka 'The Naked Night' but it is widely known as 'Sawdust and Tinsel'.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Incorporate "challenges" into ICM

By challenges I mean month-long film-watching contests each dedicated to different cinema niches. Challenge have a set of related lists, and only films from them counts. Usually such contests generate a lot of feedback to related films and lists and motivate participants to explore obscure areas of world cinema. An accent on challenges will be a huge bonus to ICM's reputation as a place for open-minded film viewers.

I took the concept from ICM Board, where this activity is very popular, but some other movie forums also hold challenges. Another model is Karagarga's 'Master of the Month' series.

Implementation: a…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Creation an option to customize your progress tab.

Like in ICM 1.0. So you have an option to chose which list you (don't) want to see. And if it's at all possible I would like complete tabs to be removable (e.g. the IMDB-tab). Not that you would lose all those checks mind you but just make it invisible.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. The ability to remove neighbors

Every time I view someone's profile they are added to my neighbors. I want to be ble to remove neighbors who have very low compatibility with me.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. Filter unchecked movies in favorited movies of another user

Filter one's unchecked movies in favorited movies of another user. This will allow us to check the movies which most likely one likes from the nighbor's movie. This way one need not wait only for recommendations.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. make it possible to order the movies on a list according to their IMDB rating.

Especially helpful on filmographies and lengthy lists with very few checks.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  19. Exclude lost films for awards

Some lists contain lost movies and can never be completed (Platinum award). These lost movies should stay in the list (e.g. with a red cross icon), but a user will not be able to check them. So the list can be completed and a user is awarded.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. Official Actor and Actress pages

Pages with all their movies on. It would be cool not to have to go onto IMDB to find an actors filmography, and which ones I've seen etc.
    Also, top 10 actor list?

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base