Skip to content

General

124 results found

1. Collaborative Lists

Allow multiply users to edit a list. In addition to the current one-editor-per-list system, list creators could choose to make editing open to anyone, or have restricted editing privileges, where the creator has to approve new editors (similar to how groups work on the site).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Comment on friends' activities

Since I can see on the main webpage the films my friends checked, I would like to comment on these activities, so I can ask him his opinion about it, and so on. I'm lazy to send a private message about it.

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add tabs to organize the favorited personalised lists

Similar tabs to the official ones could be introduced. Certainly I would like it very much if it would be possible to organize my favorited lists in categories like director filmography/awards/country list/general all time best lists/...

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove inactive users from charts

Remove from charts users that don't check a movie for more than a certain time, like 6 months or 1 year. This will prevent cheaters who register and check lots of movies just to get a high position on charts and then never check a movie again. The accounts are kept and people can still access them. They only drop out of the charts in case of inactivity.

454 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  13 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. 60 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Filter unchecked movies in favorited movies of another user

Filter one's unchecked movies in favorited movies of another user. This will allow us to check the movies which most likely one likes from the nighbor's movie. This way one need not wait only for recommendations.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. Dedicate more time to supply the movie artwork for individual titles.

After users add new movies from imdb, unfortunately the film artwork does not come along with it. While it's understandable that with so many movies it's difficult to make sure that "Winter Beast" gets its just due there are also new films that don't have cover art (like Bad Teacher). But in both cases it's just a bummer sometimes to look at your list of recently checked movies and see a few with no real 'identity' in the list, even though on imdb the art is readily available.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Show similar movies based on most overlapping checked/favorited

On an individual movie page, I think there should be an automatically generated listing of "similar" movies based on the most frequently overlapping movies; i.e. the movies that have been most frequently checked and/or favorited along with the movie on the page by a single user.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make it possible to tick films again when you've re-watched them.

There are a lot of films you're likely to watch more than once. If it were possible to tick a film again when you've re-watched it, it would help users to keep track of what they've watched and when. It would also allow friends to see all that you've been watching - not just newly ticked films.

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Multiple Favorite Lists

Allow users to make multiple private favorite lists when using the "favorite" option. A small drop down menu could give users the options to add movies to a specific list of their own.

Eg.: "Mark movie as favorite in list...
    Favorite Films
    Favorite Animation
    Favorite 1930s"
    etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make a way to Rank your Entire List

The one feature that is lacking for me, is an easy way to rank the entirety of my list. Perhaps it would be a hybrid of something similar to Flickchart (comparing 2 films at a time) and being about to manually rank them myself. (Or maybe the option to rank within each year, genre, etc.)

I love that I has this huge master list of all the movies I've seen, but I wish there was a streamlined way to rank them (as opposed to doing it manually over 2500 movies).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  14. Import your own movies from DVD profiler

I've got quite a DVD/BluRay collection which I have already added to my DVD-profiler account. Exchange between DVD profiler and ICM would be awesome!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  15. Incorporate "challenges" into ICM

By challenges I mean month-long film-watching contests each dedicated to different cinema niches. Challenge have a set of related lists, and only films from them counts. Usually such contests generate a lot of feedback to related films and lists and motivate participants to explore obscure areas of world cinema. An accent on challenges will be a huge bonus to ICM's reputation as a place for open-minded film viewers.

I took the concept from ICM Board, where this activity is very popular, but some other movie forums also hold challenges. Another model is Karagarga's 'Master of the Month' series.

Implementation: a…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Order by: Favorites/Checks or Dislikes/Checks

One way to discover new and good movies.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. Update names for recent foreign films that now have an English title.

There is a sizable issue that I've noticed with newer foreign films that initially had their Romanized names imported in, but have since gotten a proper English name.

Example: http://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/sseo-ni/ vs. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1937339/

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Import ratings from IMDb.

It would be great to be able to import your own personal rating for a film from IMDb. Moreover, if we could see what our friends gave certain films, that would be even better.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  19. Improvement over making personal lists

• At editing page, you could rank the films using the same features which we can use to order a list (alphabetical order, year of realese and so on). Why? avoiding annoying long drag and drop jobs

• Warning that the film was already added in the list

• Improvement the search engine (it's annoying when the film that you are looking for is in the end of the search results)

• Any othe suggestions?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  20. Poll for adding new official lists.

Users could choose which lists will become official. The lists could be nomited by the administrators or users (from their personal lists)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base