Skip to content

General

5 results found

1. Intergrate TV-series

Make it easy to check episodes, with a great overwiev of series and seasons. Make it easier to track our progress on tv shows. But don't count the checks along with the movies.

93 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Separate useless personal lists from quality ones

There are ~2500 personal lists on ICM now which are interesting only to their creators, e.g. "Watched in 2011", "Watchlist", "My favourite films" and so on. People created them because they don't know how to use specialized ICM features for such tasks (Owned movies. Watchlist)

Several measures that can reduce their number or hide them completely:
    1. Appoint moderators from power users who would regulate tags of personal lists and put useless ones in distinct hideable group.
    2. Add privacy option to lists to access only by link.
    3. Directly discourage creating of such lists on the "Add a list"…

78 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make it possible to tick films again when you've re-watched them.

There are a lot of films you're likely to watch more than once. If it were possible to tick a film again when you've re-watched it, it would help users to keep track of what they've watched and when. It would also allow friends to see all that you've been watching - not just newly ticked films.

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Incorporate "challenges" into ICM

By challenges I mean month-long film-watching contests each dedicated to different cinema niches. Challenge have a set of related lists, and only films from them counts. Usually such contests generate a lot of feedback to related films and lists and motivate participants to explore obscure areas of world cinema. An accent on challenges will be a huge bonus to ICM's reputation as a place for open-minded film viewers.

I took the concept from ICM Board, where this activity is very popular, but some other movie forums also hold challenges. Another model is Karagarga's 'Master of the Month' series.

Implementation: a…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Differentiate between profile page and dashboard page

Currently the profile page is a mixture between what others may find interesting and what I find interesting. I suggest creating a page that only you can see and is more adaptable to what you want to see when you login yourself. For example, I don't want to see my own activity stream, lists, favorites, owned, settings or awards block every time I log in. I would however like to see my friends activity, stats, checks.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base